Tuesday 3 April 2012

ST Dupont Lighter


I always admired the actors in old films in their dinner suits and their “dress lighters” (not sure that terms exists yet). A dress lighter in my book is a lighter you wouldn’t use everyday, just like a dress watch reserved for special occasions. Not being a fan of gold, I opted instead for a S.T. Dupont Black Chinese Lacquer lighter. Not as effective as some of the blow torches on the market, but a lot more elegant, and with the unmistakable ping that Dupont lighters are famous for.  It draws subtle admiring glances and only comes out for black tie. I am playing with the idea of getting the red one as it is in our house colour for everyday use.


1 comment:

  1. The best lighter with Dunhill and Cartier of course!!!!

    I have one vintage with my initials...of course.. "OWR" ...

    great taste

    ciao

    Oscar William Rolland

    ReplyDelete